Published on April 18th, 2018 | by AlexandreG.0
Best Rock Running Songs
Despite all the obvious health and lifestyle benefits, running can get incredibly boring.
Whether you’re on a treadmill at the gym or dodging pedestrians on the streets, you may find yourself in need of a little escapism. It’s hardly suitable to put on a headset and pretend you’re in an AR game or a VR bookmaker so music is the best solution. Here are some of the best rock running songs of all time – and an accompanying playlist which puts some of them together.
5) A Song For The Dead – Queens of the Stone Age
This track is a great way to start a running playlist. Queens of the Stone Age’s ‘A Song For The Dead’ starts slowly but the tempo lifts as the song progresses. Taken from the band’s third studio album, the track features a certain Dave Grohl on drums.
4) Toxicity – System Of A Down
If ‘A Song For The Dead’ has peaks and troughs, this is just one big long mountain. ‘Toxicity’ by System Of A Down was the second track from the band’s second studio album of the same name. The track is just as good in a running playlist as it is in a mosh pit.
3) Welcome To Paradise – Green Day
An absolute Green Day classic. This song’s never-ending guitar riff will keep you moving all day long.
2) Sultans of Swing – Dire Straits
The tempo is a little slower for this than some of the other tracks on the list. Just call it marathon pace. Dire Straits’ ‘Sultans of Swing’ just has that perfect beat which will keep you running.
1) Rock And Roll – Led Zeppelin
Aside from being one of the best rock songs of all time, Led Zeppelin’s ‘Rock And Roll’ is a great track to jog to. With the regular, high-tempo drum beat and a guitar riff you just can’t ignore, this song is perfect. Just try not to sing along.
The playlist in full:
- A Song For The Dead – Queens of the Stone Age
- Rock And Roll – Led Zeppelin
- Faint – Linkin Park
- Whiskey In The Jar – Metallica
- Toxicity – System Of A Down
- The Middle – Jimmy Eat World
- Welcome to Paradise – Green Day
- Modern Magic Formula – Biffy Clyro
- Rope – Foo Fighters
- Juicebox – The Strokes
- Woman – Wolfmother
- Fortune Faded – Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- Sultans Of Swing – Dire Straits
- Figure It Out – Royal Blood
- Run to the Hills – Iron Maiden